A long time ago when I was still living in South Dakota a friend of mine made the comment "Don't let the lobsters get your down". I had no idea what that meant so he explained that life is like a bucket of lobsters and when 1 lobster starts crawling to the top, another lobster always latches on with those pinchers and tries to drag his buddy back down in the bucket. Misery loves company, but don't worry....it has plenty already. They don't need you too. Keep your chin up and your mind open. Every day is an opportunity just waiting for you. In just the last few weeks I've had an abundance of great things come my way and now I'm gonna share them with you:
1. I received a call from NBC Hit TV Show "The Voice!" to audition in Nashville. They called me! That's a huge honor. I went and I auditioned. I may not have made it to the show, but I got the chance to audition. That's a big deal!
2. I released a new music video for our song "Highway Prophet" just 2 weeks ago and it's already at almost 5,000 views. That's insane!! Friends, Family, & Fans are spreading the video to friends and it's turning into a viral video right before my very eyes.
3. We just finished 11 shows in 8 days during Daytona Bike Week. That would kill a lot of bands, but we did it and we did every show like it was our last! They were action packed, high energy, and amazing performances every time. Nobody got hurt. I didn't get dropped when I flew off the speaker stacks after EVERY show crashing 30' into the loving arms of everyone that was there to support us (literally)!
4. I've been asked to write a book about my experiences of being on the road in a touring rock band and the barriers I had to break down and obstacles I had to overcome to be where I am today. It's a pretty ambitious project, but I've agreed to take it on and I'm looking forward to sharing my stories of hardship, triumph, and dreams with everyone. Strange things happen on the road and you're gonna learn about it in this book.
5. I was just crowned Female Rock Vocalist of the Year from Music City Mayhem Awards! This is the 2nd year for the event and I have been the reining Female Rock Vocals both years! There are no shortages of rock singers in this town so it's a huge honor for me to considered one of the best by my peers and by the professionals in this area.
So my friends, you have the power to make great things happen around you, all you have to do is decided that is what you want to do. Get out today and enjoy the sunshine, or rain, or whatever is sent your way. I'm going to be working towards my goals and making things happen today. Be safe out there and I'll see you down the road.